Under the Employment Equality Act 2015 in Ireland, employees shouldn’t be treated less favourably than another person in a similar situation because of who they are. This includes both direct and indirect discrimination. At Walsh Lubricants we promote a welcoming, diverse, discrimination-free and harassment-free workplace. An inclusive workplace culture is one in which everyone feels that they belong through feeling safe in being themselves, that their contribution matters, policies and practices are fair and diverse range of people are supported to work together effectively.
At Walsh Lubricants,
- We believe in an inclusive work environment where employees are welcomed, valued, respected, and heard.
- We believe that employees will be provided with a safe work environment.
- We believe that diversity brings strength.
- We believe in equality of opportunity, free from discrimination.
Our policy has the following objectives:
- Foster awareness about diversity, equality and
- Stimulate discussion about bias, unconscious bias and discrimination, and how it can affect our organisation.
- Challenge our thinking on attitudes and values and how they affect our
- Encourage and support those working in our company to actively advocate for diversity, equality and inclusion for all.
- Help to support an anti-bias approach in all our
- Challenge thinking and assist critical reflection on stereotyping, prejudices and
- In order to effectively manage a multi-generational workforce, we must recognise everyone as an individual, and empower our managers to coach on both personal and organisational objectives.
- To foster the recognition that each generation is distinctive and brings a set of strengths to the workplace.